Eyres Monsell Club for Young People is a voluntary sector youth centre for young people aged 8-19 years old. We run youth club activities 5 nights a week which include junior, senior, volunteers and inclusion group sessions. We have recently branched out into the local community with our new community café, which is open 3 mornings a week and activities such as a parents group and breakfast bingo for local residents to attend.
Young people that attend the club and our volunteer academy have the opportunity to participate in various Asdan awards.
These are accredited qualifications designed to support young people in their everyday learning whilst volunteering or taking part in activities at the club. The awards motivate and enhance learners’ confidence, self-esteem and resilience. In addition, learners develop core skills in teamwork, communication, problem solving, research and self-management.
Safe Sex Service
The Eyres Monsell Club for Young People offer a safe sex guidance and workshops to young people. Free condoms are available for young people to access as long as you have your C card with you, and much more. This free service is offered during our senior session (aged 12+) on a Monday from 7pm – 9pm.
We also offer this service by drop in times during the daytime. If you are unable to make any of the times, appointments can also be arranged for an alternative time, just use our contact link to make an appointment to see us.
For more information check out www.hey-babe.co.uk
Bounceback Fitness Project
BBFP offers a positive pathway for changes to the way we deal with mental health issues. We 100 percent believe that exercise and fitness is the way to combat it!
What is the Bounceback Fitness Project ?
- The Bounceback fitness project is aimed at young people aged 12+ with mental health issues who wish to change their lives through physical activity and exercise. Young people with mental health issues will be able to attend the group, at least once a week with group or one to one sessions dependent on their individual needs.
- We aim to encourage young people with mental health illnesses such as anxiety, depression or low mood, to use the project and to take part in physical activity and exercise in our wellbeing performance Centre.
- The project will potentially be available for 6-12 weeks for young people dependent on their needs. We hope that they will carry on using the wellbeing Centre after the project has finished and become peer mentors/talk buddies to other young people that are completing the project.
Bounceback is unique
- There are very few projects of this kind in the area, or indeed in the country. We have researched projects of this kind and have found there is very little support for young people who suffer with mental health issues
- This would benefit the local community by helping young people in the area with mental health issues to develop their self confidence and self esteem, encouraging young people to become fitter and healthier and promoting emotional well being as well as physical well being, so that they can help create emotional resilience and help to build a better life and fulfil their full potential.
- We will use a specially designed outcomes tracker framework to help monitor outcomes and distance travelled in young people
- We will also monitor progress through using daily diaries to monitor mood, food, sleep and water intake
- We will encourage self confidence, self esteem and personal and social development through exercise, one to one discussions, meditation, mindfulness and one to one counseling with a wellbeing coach if necessary.
- We will help to increase fitness, encourage a healthy diet and provide nutrition information helping to promote healthy bodies and healthy minds
- We will encourage techniques to help young people manage their moods and emotions.
We will be offering unique training sessions for young people aged 12+ to help develop and encourage emotional well being and resilience. Sessions will be based around sport, physical activity and exercise with our personal trainer Zak. Qualified youth workers work also be on hand to support young people where needed. For more information email BBFP@eyresmonsellcyp.co.uk or call/text 07736308883.
CV Writing Workshop
We help young people to develop a CV to help them into employment or to obtain job interviews. We help them generate ideas and help collate the information they need for employers. We offer full support to young people who want to use this service and we often do CV writing workshops during our senior sessions. If you are a young person and you want help with writing a CV, then drop into the club and any member of staff will be happy to help. Alternatively you can make an appointment via the contact link.
We have a fully equipped sports hall available to hire, ideal for children’s parties. We can cater for all your party needs with a bouncy castle, music system, roller skates, soft play and chairs and tables available. We also have a catering kitchen that can be used and pool/games room that is available at an extra cost. As well as this, we have a variety of sports equipment and games that can be hired to help make your children’s party a memorable occasion. Contact a member of staff about your party requirements.
Prices are as follows:
Package 1: Room hire £50
Package 2: Hall and bouncy castle £85
Package 3: Hall and roller skates £85
Package 4: Hall and soft play £85
Please submit your booking online. We will be notified of your booking and will be in touch as soon as possible.